Поиск по этому блогу

суббота, 6 июля 2024 г.

Dennis Herrera Blues Band - Livin' Life Not Worryin'

Bitrate:320K/s
Year:2015
Time:56:46 
Size:130,3 MB 
Label:Ardent Audio Records 
Styles:Blues/Contemporary Blues 
Art:Front 

Tracks Listing:
 1. All This Fun's for Free (feat. Igor Prado) - 4:30
 2. Can't Get Enough - 3:58
 3. Damn Uncle Sam! - 4:10
 4. Love You Good - 5:32
 5. Livin' Life Not Worryin' (feat. Igor Prado) - 4:11
 6. Slim Baby Slim (feat. Jeffrey Paul Ross & Lynwood Slim) - 3:50
 7. Mean Ole Texas Shuffle (feat. Anson Funderburgh) - 4:23
 8. Sun is Shining (feat. Dan McCann) - 6:40
 9. Talkin' at My Back Door (feat. Jeffrey Paul Ross & Lynwood Slim) - 5:05
10. Somethin' I Read - 4:08
11. This Ain't Nothin' New (feat. Anson Funderburgh & Dan McCann) - 5:21
12. Hooker Heater (feat. Tommy Castro) - 4:54

Singer, songwriter and producer Dennis Herrera has been playing music for 35+ years of fantastic well-seasoned blues musicians that play a broad diversity style of Rock, West Coast/ Chicago/Texas delicious mix of Joint Juke Blues!  Dennis’ extraordinaire musicianship includes the talents of extraordinaire professional musicians. 
Dennis Herrera was born and raised in San Jose, California just a heartbeat away from the home of the hippie generation and Golden Gate Bridge. When asked about his music history Dennis shared, "as a kid my mom one day in the mid 60's flicked her transistor radio on to a pop AM station, KLIV and I was mesmerized, soon I somehow got my own tube radio and it became my favorite pastime listening to The Yardbirds, Animals, Rolling Stones, Wilson Picket etc. twenty four hours a day. At age 15 I saw James Brown LIVE! I was blown away!". Dennis went to count-less rock & roll, R&B, blues and soul concerts/shows at SF Fillmore, Winterland, Avalon Ballroom, and juke-joint blues clubs. He fondly recounts, "My grandfather played guitar and he saw me eyeballing' his axe one afternoon at a family gathering, for my birthday he bought me a nylon string acoustic guitar with cowboys on it, my dad paid 4 lessons but I wanted to rock&roll and they wanted me to play Oh Susanna, that didn't work out". Dennis proceeded to teach himself buying a Ventures record album “Learn how to play Walk Don't Run and Pipe-Line” and practicing with friends, "My friends also wanted to be rock stars & we put our first band together loads of fun and the girls dug it". Dennis fondly recalls, "My first performance was at my high school, I was flunking music class & in order to pass my teacher suggested I play for the student talent show, I was really nervous went on stage with my friend, covered the Richie Havens song Freedom from the film Woodstock and I’ll never forget what a major rush that was I passed with an A first grade A ever!". Early on Dennis learned his favorite rock groups he listened to covered songs penned by Willie Dixon, Sonny Boy Williamson, B.B. King, Howling Wolf, John Lee Hooker etc. "It's been blues ever since struggling to consistently play music as a profession, I found myself re-directed a number of times but have always come back to playing the blues, I did not join any established blues bands to my chagrin, I have had opportunity but instead chosen to spearhead and lead various blues projects to date, I've tried a variety of catchy band names thinking they were original but soon found out they were taken, so I simply settled with my birth name for the band".~ Dennis Herrera

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий