Поиск по этому блогу

понедельник, 2 мая 2016 г.

Richard Cagle & the Voodoo Choir - Texas Voodoo Blues

Bitrate: 320K/s
Year: 2009
Time: 45:43
Size: 105,3 MB
Label: Montrose Records
Styles: Blues/Texas Style
Art: Front

Tracks Listing:
 1. You Got the Shake - 3:46
 2. Sally Sue - 3:17
 3. Uptown/downtown - 2:15
 4. Call Me Crazy - 5:22
 5. Everyday You Give Me the Blues - 4:18
 6. Black Hearted Woman - 4:28
 7. Headed Into Houston - 5:35
 8. Sweet Marie - 3:35
 9. High Heel Shoes - 3:23
10. Mystery Moon - 4:46
11. Side Of the Road - 4:54

The vision/concept for this album came to me several years ago. I knew I wanted to produce a Blues album, but instead of putting together a band, writing the songs, rehearsing and then recording, I wanted to do it all at once. I wanted it to be a true Zen moment. So, I invited some of the best musicians in Houston to join me in this adventure. The simple concept for each session is; four of us walk into our garage studio without knowing what we’re going to play. “Not caring about yesterday or what’s going to happen tomorrow. It’s just about what happens this moment”. In most of the sessions, the players had never met each other, much less ever played together. We wrote the song right then, and turned on the recorder to capture the results. Streaming our parts is the best way to describe it. Each of the songs on this album took an average of two and a half hours to write and record. After the initial songs were written and recorded, I brought in Rick Thompson to play keys on all of them, Gary Sapone played Harmonica on two of the tunes, James Hoover replaced my bass on Uptown/Downtown, and Gideon Cheshire helped me fine tune the lyrics. I’m proud of the outcome of this project and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did creating it. The Blues is all about feeling, and on this project, we all poured our hearts into it. Godspeed!

Texas Voodoo Blues

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий