Поиск по этому блогу

четверг, 29 августа 2019 г.

David 'Fathead' Newman - I Remember Brother Ray

Bitrate: 320K/s
Year: 2005
Time: 50:44
Size: 116,2 MB
Label: High Note
Styles: Jazz/Blues
Art: Full

Tracks Listing:
 1. Hit the Road Jack - 5:44
 2. Georgia on My Mind - 7:20
 3. When Your Lover Has Gone - 5:05
 4. Drown in My Tears - 6:15
 5. Deed I Do - 5:27
 6. It Had to Be You - 5:32
 7. Ruby - 9:44
 8. Them That Got (I Ain't Got Nothing Yet) - 5:32

With the new Ray Charles biopic in the headlines, we can expect an avalanche of 'tribute' CDs by all and sundry, but Newman really has the right credentials. He worked with the man for more than a decade and it was his laconic tenor saxophone that put extra spice into such classic albums as Ray Charles at Newport. When he plays Charles favourites such as 'Georgia on my Mind' and 'Drown in my Tears', he does so with exactly the same soulful directness. He plays like a singer, stating the melody with broad strokes and making it his own with turns of phrase and elegant little asides. With a just rhythm section and vibraphone for accompaniment, he has everything he needs to create an eloquent and memorable set.

I Remember Brother Ray

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий