Поиск по этому блогу

пятница, 6 сентября 2024 г.

The Jackie Payne-Steve Edmonson Band - Partners In The Blues

Bitrate:320K/s
Year:2008
Time:58:13 
Size:133,8 MB 
Label:Burnside Records 
Styles:Blues/Soul 
Art:Front 

Tracks Listing:
 1. I'm a Lonely Man - 3:25
 2. I'm Doin' My Own Thing - 4:08
 3. Close To You - 3:32
 4. That's How Strong My Love Is - 4:50
 5. I Don't Believe - 2:40
 6. Think Twice Before You Speak - 3:13
 7. Sweet Candyman - 4:15
 8. Tell It Like It Is - 5:19
 9. The Devil's Hand - 3:30
10. Monday Mornin Comin' Down - 4:02
11. Side Tracked - 3:34
12. My Money Just Ain't Long Enough - 4:52
13. Cryin' For My Baby - 2:53
14. I Need Your Love So Bad - 7:54

I'll begin saying that in Jackie Payne's C.V. you can find important jobs with first names as T-Bone Walker, Johnny Otis, Clarence "Gatemoth" Brown, Freddie King, Pee Wee Crayton, Lowell Fulson or Albert Collins among others number one all of them.
This good and veteran musician Jackie Payne with his Soul-Blues idiom has carried out this great registration 'Partners in the Blues' together with Steve Edmonson guitar luminary, that I could define it as one of the best Soul-Blues record I have heard. Really in this fantastic record the Blues dominates on the Soul and the contained themes are truly of very high level.
Paynes sings better than previous records and besides a couple of original songs he performs very good versions of Albert King' s "Think twice before you speak" and "My money just ain' t long enough", Little Milton' s "I' m lonely man", Willie Dixon' s "Close to you", Harold Burrage's "Cryin' for my baby", Johnny Coppeland's "Devil's Hand" and a very competent "I need your love so bad" among others. There are also two songs with a Edmonson's great work with very good guitar solos, the G. Davis' s "Tell it like it is" in my opinion a little out of the record general context but very known and good and the Freddie King' s "Side tracked" that I don't like it. I also want to emphasize the extraordinary work of the magnificent and soulful guitarist STEVE EDMONSON who to the Payne's Soul base he gives a marvelous Blues flavor to the songs becoming the record in a magnificent festival of Soul-Blues ó Blues-Soul as want to be called. Highly recommended, I give it 4,5 stars.


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий