Поиск по этому блогу

пятница, 24 мая 2024 г.

Billy Blue - Blues in My Room

Bitrate:320K/s
Year:2006
Time:45:18 
Size:104,5 MB 
Label:Self-Released 
Styles:Blues 
Art:Front 

Tracks Listing:
 1. Hard Hearted Woman - 4:10
 2. Sugar Sweet - 2:49
 3. Big Leg Mama - 2:55
 4. I Get Evil (Don't You Lie to Me) - 3:45
 5. I'll Come Running Back - 2:40
 6. Let Me Know - 3:07
 7. I Got to Find My Baby - 4:45
 8. So Afraid of Losing You - 3:09
 9. Baby Come Back Home - 3:48
10. Everybody's in the Mood - 3:48
11. I Gotta Have You - 2:37
12. Don't Need No Horse - 3:59
13. I'm Falling in Love With You - 3:42

Leader/harmonica man/singer/writer Billy Blue Strauss has done a fair job of both playing and projecting an image to make checking out his album, Blues In My Room, worthwhile. On the minus side, his musical fare and ensemble backing is very much the same polished retro Chicago or west-coast electric style many are overplaying today. On the plus side, his harp chops stand out on the high side of the frequency spectrum, proving a good player’s personality can be communicated through his instrument. His vocals too are quite good, similar to his playing or vice versa. The cover photo shows him posed seriously, as if warming up a moment before performance (petting his late dog, Wolfie, to whom the album is dedicated). There are gobs of gig posters on the wall and portraits of harmonica heroes. He appears a rather tortured soul, confirmed on the back cover photo by an assortment of accessories, musical and otherwise, collected for his room.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий