Поиск по этому блогу

понедельник, 8 апреля 2024 г.

Woody Russell - Up Against It

Bitrate: 320K/s
Year: 2010
Time: 39:54 
Size: 91,8 MB 
Label:CUTS Music Group 
Styles: Blues/Texas Blues 
Art: Front 

Tracks Listing:
 1. Make It Tough On Me - 2:58
 2. That's Just the Way My Wheels Roll - 3:17
 3. They Won't Know What Hit Them - 4:15
 4. Under My Door - 3:56
 5. The Right Side of the Grass - 4:57
 6. Moonshine (For My Wounded Heart) - 4:57
 7. Don't Bring It Home - 4:12
 8. The Things We Do - 7:05
 9. Between Nowhere and Goodbye - 4:13

The critics weighed in and agreed that Woody Russell’s 2010 release, Up Against It, is an exceptional album; proof positive that he is an artist to watch. A vibrant blues/soul outing that celebrates, aches, rocks and soothes, this recording highlights Russell’s musicianship as an “inventive”, “exemplary” guitarist, as well as, a vocalist and songwriter of the highest caliber. He shades a note and pours on the soul with the best of them. After releasing Salt in 2005, WR took time to do some serious artistic soul-searching. With the birth of his daughter in '06, he also became a father; another big shift in his life. "I was burned out on writing the kinds of songs as I had been. I began to give voice to the blues, which was always a big inspiration. I needed a break to refocus. I had a pretty successful album out at the time and was getting some big gigs but I needed to re-evaluate where I was in my career as well as get used to the idea of being a father. Many things were changing on a personal level for me during those few years and it seemed a perfect time to write and record some original blues and soul songs." 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий