Поиск по этому блогу

четверг, 9 февраля 2023 г.

The Undaunted Professor Harp - They Call Me The Professor

Bitrate: 320K/s
Year: 2011
Time: 46:12 
Size: 106,0 MB 
Label: Self Released
Styles: Blues
Art: Front 

Tracks Listing:
 1. They Call Me the Professor - 3:53
 2. Texago at Doyle's - 2:55
 3. Sugaree - 3:14
 4. Fightin' the Battle - 7:35
 5. What You Do To Me - 3:43
 6. Wild Weekend - 2:48
 7. Sly Black Fox - 6:03
 8. My Life - An Exercise in Blue - 6:24
 9. It Just Comes Natural - 4:46
10. Eine Fur Herr Schmidt - 4:46

Professor Harp, born in Boston, Ma, 1951--- main vocal influences: Muddy Waters and Magic Sam. Main harmonica influences: George Harmonica Smith, Little and Big Walter. Professor Harp is a rant and a rave through harmonica master Professor Harp’s decades-long career as a professional Black Bluesman in the Boston area. Professor Harp remembers it all, stating, “My memoir, it’s as much about injustice as it is about music. Times haven’t changed so much for Black folk in the last half-century. Well, to be fair, I didn’t grow up in a cotton field, and I’m glad I didn’t. Jim Crow gentrified into Chad Crowe, Esquire, but it’s Jim Crow all the same. Learned to play harp (harmonica) on my own, studied the greats like George Harmonica Smith and James Cotton. I’ve sat in and played with Muddy Waters – lost my musical virginity that night long ago. Proud to have been on the bill with the world famous B.B. King. Still, something’s wrong, something’s missing. Somehow, after so many years, I still can’t get tight with a band of my own.The great Solomon Burke gave me my stage name, “Professor Harp.” I added “Undaunted” because that’s who I am. I’ll never give up on the Blues.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий